As Australia’s population grows, Tonkin is committed to creating transport infrastructure that enables the safe and efficient movement of people and freight.
With more than 60 years’ experience, Tonkin delivers key transport infrastructure projects in the road, rail, maritime and aviation sectors for a range of federal, state and local governments, as well as private sector clients. Our renowned capabilities provide our clients with strategic planning and design solutions benefiting the client, the community and the environment.
Our experienced team can undertake:
- Strategic transport planning including feasibility assessments, business case development, freight movement and integrated transport solutions
- Road and highway design, including transport structures, from concept planning through construction and maintenance
- Traffic management and planning, including active transport, local area traffic management and modelling, and parking strategies
- Road safety improvements, including Road Safety Auditing, speed management studies and heavy vehicle route assessments
- Rail infrastructure design including metropolitan and regional intermodals
- Maritime and ports design, including coastal process assessment, marinas and berthing design
- Airport design, including airside pavements and infrastructure design
- Temporary works design and construction phase services
- Design and construction verification.
Managing the competing demands of road and transport networks continues to be a complex issue facing government and transport authorities. At Tonkin, we recognise that effective planning and design typically involves several stakeholders and we put a large emphasis on working collaboratively to achieve best-for project outcomes that exceed expectations.