Tonkin has an outstanding reputation for designing long-lasting maritime structures for harsh and highly variable environments.
Our experience in the assessment of coastal processes, rising sea levels and climate change allows us to successfully interpret the impact these factors have on the design of ports, marinas, breakwaters, seawalls, boat ramps, regulating structures and other coastal and riverine infrastructure.
Tonkin has deep expertise in:
- Civil and structural design of maritime facilities
- Vessel behaviour, vessel handling and the ways in which vessels interact with maritime structures
- Durability of materials in the marine environment
- Wave climate assessment and the effect of waves on structures and coastal environments
- The behaviour of floating and fixed structures.
Tonkin is well known for its willingness to collaborate with government and other authorities. We maintain excellent relationships in the marine and riverine sphere for the benefit of clients seeking permits and approvals.
As weather patterns become less predictable, Tonkin provides clients with dependable tools and processes to build and maintain robust maritime infrastructure.